Friday, October 30, 2009

Photo Story single

266/365 Moo Cow Moo

Tim Swarey, 34, of Rosebush feeds his cattle, as one of the cows tries to sneak a quick early bite. Swarey, a dairy farmer, used to be Amish, and while he doesn't call himself Amish anymore, he and his family still hold to the basic fundamentals of that way of life. Tim uses modern farming equipment for his day to day chores, "Sometimes I miss the old days." Swarey says.

This is a single from my first day shooting my photo story for JRN 320. I'm shooting an ex-Amish family, documenting their daily life as well as their religion. While they are ex-Amish, they still hold most of the beliefs, but they own their own vehicle, and use a computer and cell phones, which they use for business purposes almost exclusively.

I really just think the cow is hilarious in this shot.

2 comments: