Friday, May 7, 2010

Composition of a Moment (cheeeeeessseeee)

I was hanging out in the Midland Daily News office with Libby today, waiting on word about the softball game I had been shooting that was delayed due to weather (Game started at 10, they set the potential restart time for 3), and while waiting I decided I would get to captioning some photos I had shot for The Morning Sun the day before. As I was doing this, Nathan, the Photo Editor, came down into the photo department and we started talking. He noticed the image I was captioning and said, "That's a nice moment, why didn't you shoot that for us!", and we laughed about it. And then I though to myself...wait, I already have. I've shot almost the same shot for Midland just a couple weeks ago. Similar moment, similar framing. Weird.

100419_TheTempest02
Christina Westbury, center, and Jessica McFarland, both of Midland laugh together while discussing ideas to improve their costumes Monday evening, April 19 at Creative 360, during the Restoration Theater Group rehearsal of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest." The play, the first production by the Restoration Theater Group, will be performed at Creative 360 on April 23 and 24.

100506_MtPRobot
Vanessa Sprague, 20, laughs along with her father, Tim, and younger sister, Olivia, 9, as her other sister, Alex, asks the Mount Pleasant Robot if it is a guy or a girl. "He's a tin man with a big heart," the robots spokesman, Alex Mikus, said about the robot.

Weird, right? And then I stopped caring. And then I put them on my blog and almost attempted to write an insightful look at how both these moments were captured. But I stopped. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment