Friday, May 7, 2010

Golf golf golf

I shot golf for the first time today, as well as used the 300mm for the first time. It was a little finnicky (or wonkey, as Nathan says) with the autofocus, but it's golf...I have time to manually focus.

100505_Golf07
Jordan Fairbank, an H.H. Dow High senior, hits a drive as rain steadily increases Wednesday morning at the Currie Municipal Golf Course. "(Fairbank) has probably been playing golf since he could walk," said Dow coach Mark Pickering.

After a while of telephoto-ing, I got bored. So I took out the wide 14mm lens I had and got super close for a few shots. Holy green.

100505_Golf05
15-year-old Chris Dinh carefully looks and lines for his putt on the last hole of the front nine Wednesday morning at the Currie Municipal Golf Course. Dinh, an H.H. Dow High School freshman, is Dow's top golfer. "I've been playing for 11 years, since I was four. Golf is really serious for me. I'm going to play through high school, try to play in college, and see what comes next."

1 comment:

  1. that top golf photo is really cool with the rain and his expression.

    ReplyDelete