Thursday, May 5, 2011

Livin' on Love (JRN 521 Final Project)

So over the last month and a half I've been working on a piece for my JRN 521 class, taught by Ryan Wood. The goal of the class was, among other things, to create a longer-term story based off an issue that we drew out of a hat at the beginning of the semester. I got consumption/consumerism, but it ended up turning more into focusing on budget issues and family dynamics. I found my story thanks to Nathan Morgan. He was pretty pumped about the prospect, and told me to run with it, so I did. Below is the final project I turned in for class.

Livin' On Love from Sean Proctor on Vimeo.



Here are some photos I kinda like.

110325_TheParsons002

110328_TheParsons069

110407_TheParsons_0154

110407_TheParsons_0173

110408_TheParsons_0218

110329_TheParsons111

110407_TheParsons_0175
110426_TheParsons_0304a

I think I'm going to pick up the story after I get back from Alaska in August. John Tully, who originally shot the Parsons for an MDN assignment a year and a half back, suggested extending the project to the surrounding areas of Midland County, and it's definitely something I'm interesting and will be considering when I get back.

Anyway. Enjoy, and thanks for looking. And a huge thanks goes to Nathan Morgan, who helped me edit several times through the project, and also gave me the idea for how to shoot the interview and what other situations to look for. Also, to Ryan Wood for pushing me this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment