Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Herculex.

I spent many of my Sunday's this summer hanging out with a group of Jedi (and Sith) as they battled around Midland. Hands down one of the most fun things I've photographed.
 There is no chaos, there is harmony.
Eerie choral chants emanating from a cell phone drift through the still summer air of the Midland City Forest.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
Scott Comer, 21, tightens his grip around the hilt of his Ultra Saber, eyes piercing at an approaching figure.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
Carl Williams, 19, walks down the main path, his face calm. Staunch melodies, reminiscent of religious wars from ages past slip through the leaves.
 There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
A smile grows across Comer's face as he steps out to confront Williams. Blurs of red and blue arc through the air searching for an opening. "That's one," Comer says as his red blade connects with Williams' body.
 There is no death, there is the Force.
Williams lets out a sigh. The Grand Master of the Reformed Jedi Order raises his weapon, assumes his form known as Kya'Lac and continues the duel. "Two," Comer, the Master of the Order, calls out. The orchestra continues to swell around them.
Photo by Sammy Jo Hester

After it published they bought me my own lightsaber and knighted me as an official member of the group. I joined in occasionally while I was shooting, but now, with my own weapon, I'll leave the camera in the car or at home more often. Such an awesome group of dudes.













No comments:

Post a Comment