Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Silvadur.

 I had just gotten to my assignment, sipping coffee with Scott and Scott at a Halloween craft shop. They were making paper machete zombie heads. The coffee was a much needed jolt of caffeine, and I settled in for a fun shoot filled with monsters. Then my phone rang, the Caller ID showing "Blocked."
 I was expecting this call -- I had just hoped it would be later. Local law enforcement had arrested a lady for basically hoarding over thirty Shetland's. They had been relocated to a "Sheltie Shelter", but Animal Control had found two more. The call was them informing me they were on their way to the shelter.
 I apologized to Scott and Scott and zipped over to Beaverton just in time. Several of the thirty-some dogs had been pregnant. The number was now over sixty.
 I spent a while learning about what the previous conditions had been like. Some had physical marks to show for it, but they were all traumatized.
One of the sheltie's was giving birth while I was there. They estimated her to be probably a year old, if that. I asked her name, they said she didn't have one, and asked what I thought it should be. I looked down at her for a while, and as I left I said "Daisy."

No comments:

Post a Comment