Saturday, November 2, 2013

"A promising if risky start to what is intended to be a blockbuster franchise."

There was a time when all five members of my family were in school at the same time. Two in undergrad, one working toward a Master's degree and two in Law School, including my dad. That was my freshman year in college.
But law school is half the battle. The other half, just as daunting, is the bar exam. The all encompassing, fry your brain until you skin sizzles, exam that dictates whether you can, you know, practice law.
So when I got the group text from my dad just before Halloween with a picture of the results and the all capitalized word "--PASSED" I could feel the sigh of relief coming from him (and from my mom, too.)
And when he texted me and asked if I could come to his swearing in ceremony, there was no doubt I would be there, camera in hand.
So here it is. A moment, five years in the making. Congratulations, Dad. You've been a major inspiration in my life to always work harder and strive to reach your goals. And to make sure to make time for all the other really important things in life, too.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing family and congratulations to Ken again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to DBC with your dad! Am very happy for his accomplishment. And, I'm sure the family is relieved & proud! I am so glad you were there with him during his last years of schooling. May you all be saying, what I already posted to him on FB, To God be the Glory!

    Joni (Dettloff) Sayers
    I did just see your dad at a funeral home in July. That's the 1st time since DBC!! And, I graduated before he did.

    ReplyDelete