Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"[...] Content to operate at an almost infuriating level of consistent quirkiness..."

The other day I went to a high school talent show, and I just wasn't feeling it. The lights were off backstage, nothing was happening in the hallways. I got it into my head that there was NO good picture to be made (even though there always is, you just have to look.) It was an optional assignment, so there was no real pressure, but I hate walking away with nothing. So when Neil dared me to make a good picture, I knew I had to come away with something. I saw this girl come and stage, and bam, light bulb. I took a couple with the painting, but then I went in for the picture I knew I wanted -- which is the one Neil ended up running on A1. It's a little thing, but it's always sweet to see the unexpected photo run.
And since we're on the topic of weird portraits, here's one I shot a couple days later of my good friend Jake May. Nothing better than hanging out making pictures and having fun. Here he is, in all his bearded glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment