Wednesday, November 18, 2009

CMU Vs. Notre Dame



I got a call on Saturday evening from my photo editor, Ashley, asking if I wanted to go to Indiana to shoot playoff soccer...I of course said yes. A very cool opportunity, even though I did miss the MPPA Chili Party. So I called up Libby to cover the assignment I had, Diwali Night. It actually worked out well for her, too. Check out her Soundslide on the event.

It was actually my first time shooting sports, which was a little nerve-wracking, but I learned a lot from it. Tim Fitzgerald, one of the associate photo professors at CMU taught me quite a bit while shooting too. So next time around I shoot sports, I'll be able to (hopefully) do better. I actually got to shoot with Fitz' camera for a couple minutes. Canon EOS-1D with a 400mm f/2.8 L-Series lens and a 2x teleconverter. With the 1.3x crop factor, I was shooting at 1040mm at f/5.6. It was ridiculous, a seriously intimidating camera.

Also, thanks to Paige for letting me use her 80-200 f/2.8. I really need to get one.

Anyway, overall it was a lot of fun, and a great learning experience. Although Central lost 6-1, they had a great season. Now all I need now is to get a team roster and write proper captions.

No comments:

Post a Comment