Thursday, April 8, 2010

JRN 423: Archangel of Bicycle Repair

Archangel of Bicycle Repair from Sean Proctor on Vimeo.



Copy (Rough, because I forgot I had to write it):

Gabriel Reimer is a 19-year-old living in Mount Pleasant, Mich., however, unlike most other kids his age, he does attend school full-time, he works full time at Motorless Motion on S. Main St.
Reimer has grown up around bikes, mostly because his parents owned the Mountain Town Ski and Bike Shop in downtown Mount Pleasant during the mid 80’s until the early 90’s. Although Reimer was two when they sold the store, their passion passed on down to him.
“The first bike I ever fixed was my second mountain bike. I used to jump it off curbs and the wheels would get all messed up, so I had my dad show me how to fix it.” Reiner said.
Reiner has been working at Motorless Motion for three years. “I’ve never been good at selling people things, but here I get to be around bikes and talk bikes with customers.” He said.
Reimer prefers to ride his BMX bike, but also enjoys trail riding on his mountain bike.
“This winter I learned to do a 720 off a jump. That’s two complete spins with 30 pounds of bike beneath you. It’s crazy.”

1 comment: